Friday, 31 August 2007

On the Road Again...

Wasn't it Willie Nelson who sang that song - 'on the road again, goin' places I've never been, seeing things that I may never see again. And I can't wait to get on the road again'? Well, I know what he means, kinda. I am hitting the road again, on an outreach trip to Hungary and the Ukraine. I am looking forward to it on the one hand - love to see what God does on these trips. But also not looking forward to it because I don't like to travel nor be away from the Phamily.

Tomorrow I take the train for 2 hours to Heidelberg to meet up with the outreach team from CC Heidelberg. From there we take a 2.5 hour bus ride to the airport. Then we fly 2 hours to Budapest, Hungary. Then we take a 3 hour taxi ride to Debrecen, Hungary. We spend Fri and Sat in Debrecen as we wait for the other half of the team coming from CC Stuttgart. Sunday morning I teach at CC Debrecen. Then after the service, we take a 3-4 hour bus ride into the Ukraine and spend the week there doing street evangelism. Next weekend we reverse the process as we head back home to Germany (more traveling - yeah! sarcasm, sarcasm). I'll post more on the trip after I get back.

Pray for Becks as she will be alone with all 4 kids for a week while I am gone! But 2 weeks after my trip, Becks makes the same trip to the Ukraine on another outreach trip. Then I will be home with all 4 kids. (Yikes!)

Pray for my back - don't know what I did to it, but there is constant pain in the lower back. Possibly a spiritual attack?? Never had back problems before.

0 comments: