Sunday, 23 November 2008

God Trusts Me?!?!

From the previous post, I thought God was done speaking to me on that passage in Hebrews. But as I have been thinking about it a bit more these last few days, I think He's not done yet. In fact, I know it. Something else just 'occurred' to me...

When the author of Hebrews says 'the race that is set before us', it also implies that God has GIVEN us this race or this life, right? Or rather, that He has ENTRUSTED us with it. Ponder that for a moment. I did and it truly encouraged me. Think of it, God TRUSTS me enough with this life to live, with this race to run that He has set it before me - has given it to me, has entrusted it to me.

In Christianity today, aren't we so often bombarded by these haunting questions - 'do you trust God? Do you trust God with your salvation, life, finances, family, career, etc.? Where is your trust in God?' It is almost cliche-ish, isn't it? Of course I do, why do you have to keep asking me? Now then, doesn't it blow our minds to realize that God trusts us?!?

For example, my kids aren't quite old enough, but I can imagine one day entrusting my car to one of them to use (not that we have our own car at the moment). Imagine what they would feel like - 'wow, my dad trusts me with his car! He's gonna let me drive it!' They would be on cloud nine! Elated, excited (well, at least until they start paying for the gas themselves ;-) ). Simply by the fact that I set my car keys before them, saying to them - I trust you with what is mine.

Now turn that around and apply it in our relationship to our Heavenly Father. He trusts us enough to run this race that He gives it to us! He has set this race, this life before us, saying to us - 'go ahead, run the race, I trust you to run it well! Live the life I have created you for - I trust you with what is mine.' WOW! GOD, the Creator, the Almighty trusts me, a loser! Whooohooo!

How would that make you feel? Cool, huh? So don't worry too much that your trust in God isn't as strong as you would want it to be (or as strong as someone else's). Rest and rejoice in this - God trusts YOU, He's shown it already by giving you a race to run, a life to live, a faith to walk.

2 comments:

luca said...

again, it hit home:-) so what are you gonna post tomorrow i wonder...? :P

onHISturf - dvp said...

hahaha, i don't know what i'll post - let's see what god says. ;-)