Monday, 15 March 2010

Wood, Wood, Wood...

For those who wanted to see what 3 cords of wood looks like, here are a few fotos. It was a family affair getting all the wood sorted and stacked. At least we didn't have to split the wood ourselves, although some of the pieces might be too big for the wood stove. Becks got me a brand new hatchet for that - ooooh, new toy! Boys and their toys! ;-)







Kids wanted to help, so I put them to work.
Hey, if you wanna eat, you gotta work...


Don't know what that look was for.... she was the one who wanted to help!


Hmmm, which one is the lightest??


Stacking is hard work - time for afternoon tea!!


3 cords...


....of pine and nz macrocarpa (hardwood)....


....finally....


....stacked....


....and we're now ready for a Wellington winter!


2 comments:

Tom Taylor said...

Hi Phams,
It was nice to see the video of your home. I am jealous of the storms. My sons and I have to go long distances to go storm chasing, but it sounds like the storms come to you. I hope all is going well with you. The Lord bless you!
Tom Taylor

onHISturf - dvp said...

yeah, i was kinda thinking about you guys as the cow was flying by. ;-)