Saturday, 22 May 2010

Seek and Ye Shall Find...

A few weeks ago, I had to go into the bank here in town to get myself added to the church checking account. The manager who helped me with all the paperwork and stuff was extremely nice, taking time out of her busy day to make sure I understood everything and got it all sorted out. During the whole process, we were chatting about why I was here - to pastor a fellowship in the city.

Then out of the blue, she asked me 'have you ever had a time when you doubted? And were searching for an answer?' I told her yes, of course, there was a time early in my Christian walk that I doubted. She then asked 'how did you get through that time? What kept you going?' I was able to explain to her that it was really Jesus and His Word that kept me going through that time. During that time of doubt and uncertainty, I read my Bible a lot and kept my thoughts and focus on Jesus. Her comment - 'I guess that works if you believe the Bible'. Yes, it does! I was able to explain to her a bit more about my faith and the Bible before we finished with all the paperwork and I had to leave.

Yesterday, I went back in to thank her again for her help and also give her a book that ministered to me during that time - Josh McDowell's More Than A Carpenter. I also told her to call me if she has any questions about the book or about faith or Christianity, and that she can come visit us at church (she lives just down the street from where we meet on Sundays).

So please pray for her to find her answer in Jesus. Pray that God will use the book to touch her heart. I plan on going back in a couple weeks to visit her and see how she's getting on with the book. Anyways, please pray for more divine appointments like this!

0 comments: