Monday, 15 August 2011

Snow!

This afternoon, we had a cold front come up from the South Pole and it brought with it some snow (mixed with sleet, hail and rain).  This is the first time I have ever seen that much snow falling, here in the Wellington area.  A few people who have lived here for decades said they have never seen this much snow either.  Unfortunately, it was too wet to really stick - would have been fun to make a snowman!  Or at least a snowball or two.  ;-)  Anyways, the kids thought it was pretty cool so they got out for the few minutes - ahhh, memories of fun times in the snow in Germany.  Makes me homesick for the Freiburg and Germany.  Here's a short video clip...










From Vids - snow

1 comments:

Bridget said...

I've lived here nearly my whole life and it's never snowed like this in the 25-ish years I can remember! I know it's not 'real' snow here in the Valley (more like slush... perhaps you could make a slushman?) but it's still a big deal for us.

Hope you are all keeping warm!