Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Twelve Hours and Counting...

Well, we are less than twelve hours away from me being about a half pound lighter.  ;-)   Tomorrow, Wed, the 7th of Dec, at 7.00 AM I check into the hospital to have my kidney taken out and transplanted into someone else.  The actual surgery will take place at about 8.00-8.30 AM and will go until about 12.00 noon.  Then I will be in the recovery room until about 3.00 PM and finally get up to my room sometime after 4.00 PM.  I have to honestly admit, that I am a bit nervous - mostly excited, but a wee bit nervous too.  I have never been hospitalized for anything ever, so am not sure what to expect.  Becks and the recipient's wife are actually very calm and at peace.  Hope that rubs off on me tonight!

So please be praying, especially during the surgery part - for those in the USA, it will be your Tuesday morning/afternoon and for those in Europe, it will be your Tuesday evening/night.  Thanks for praying!

Becky and I met with the recipient and his wife today and we had a quick, but good chat.  At the end, we prayed together and thanked God for this gift that he is receiving and for the even greater gift that God has given us and that we celebrate at Christmas - the gift of His Son Jesus Christ!  Afterwards, he had tears coming down his cheek.  Pray for him - he doesn't know the Lord (yet).  Pray that he will recognize the ultimate gift that God gave humanity - salvation and eternal life through Jesus Christ!

Here's a 'before' foto...;-)  We'll post an 'after' foto in a week or so.  They are taking my left kidney, which is normal for this procedure.  I'm gonna ask them, since they have me opened up anyways, if they can take my love handles (Schwimmring) away too!  ;-)  Just kidding.  Well, maybe not.  Ok, I am signing out for now - see you all in a week or two!  And again, thanks for being patient and joining me on this year and a half journey.  This phase of the journey is almost over - 12 hours and counting....

 

0 comments: