Wednesday, 7 February 2007

I can't believe she's 5!!

Taliah turned 5 today. Time flies. When I was younger and people said 'time flies' I thought 'not really'. Or when they said that their kids grow up too fast I didn't see how that could be. But now that I am a mom myself I find myself saying those exact things! People are always telling me to enjoy the time when the kids are small because they grow up so fast, and it is so true. It isn't always easy to enjoy the time when the 3 'big' kids are fighting and the baby is crying or nursing and I feel like I'm living in a circus, but I ask God to help me find the joy in the situations that come, because I want to enjoy my kids and not be stressed out. They will only be this small once and I don't want to miss it!! And I want them to grow up with good memories, memories of family and friends and lots of love! God has entrusted these precious lives into our care for a short time and we want to make the most of that time with God's help, loving, caring and teaching them.

Here are some pictures from Taliah's Birthday party today...she had a such a good time!

The Birthday girl!


















She wanted a 'princess' party so she had a crown and a heart for cakes...because mommy couldn't make a princess one, but she was happy with it anyway.











MMMMMHHHHH!











cutie!





The crew!


3 of Taliah's princess friends from church and KiGa
(that's Johanna and Marie on the right mom, the Röhm twins)





coloring fun.









4 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Taliah! She is BEAUTIFUL! Becky, I remember when we just had our first babies...time does fly. I think you and I have a LOT in common right now...and like you said, it's important to remember what matters most...people, loving our kids with God's love and discipling them according to God's word-which can be a daily struggle! You are in my prayers girl!
Love from Colorado :)
~Rose

Ms. Nielsen said...

I am old... Awww I miss everyone! that settles it I am coming to visit... someday!
-Jamie Aka. Sissy

Grandma Jan said...

Happy birthday Taliah! Becky, it looks like she had a fun party. And I love that you served lots of healthy snacks also! Wow, you're a good mom!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Taliah, I'm sorry that your present was late. We love you.

Love Grandma June