Tuesday, 11 March 2008

Stop, In The Name of Love...

Who sang that song anyways? Got it stuck in my head - 'Stop, in the naaame of loooovee....' The song is probably in a different context, but hey at least the first line fits.

So ok everyone, thanks for all the support in response to the comment left by captain anonymous on the post 'Changes' below. Haven't received THAT many emails in a long long time! And not to make light of the whole situation, but I just had to share a few of the emails that helped me to 'lighten up' myself and to remember the first lesson about ministry - gotta have thick skin and soft hearts.

So here are a few of the more humorous ones...

"[my] comments were prayerfully comprised while my claws were in the retracted position. had they been made otherwise, the sky would have parted, the earth would have quaked, and the red dot would have been obliterated."

"Boy, people need to lighten up a little bit. Probably more fiber in their diet would help."

"best thing is forget about it and comments like that. They just didn't get it."

"as i read this i wonder: does it even matter? Just let them talk..."

"Schade nur, dass es dann Leute gibt, die dann anonym so blöde Kommentare schreiben... "
And my all-time favorite...
"How do I put a comment on you blog space? I have never done this....I know what a blog spot is. But it’s rather Greek to me."
Becks and I had a good, much needed laugh after getting that email! LOVE YOU K. for sending that email That one released all the tension!

So with that, shall we all move on? I am sure we all have bigger and better things to do, eh? Thanks again for your support.

And in all fairness, let's pray for captain anonymous. She/he IS still a sis/bro in the Lord. And this IS still a public forum. And there IS still freedom of speech. And captain anonymous IS still welcome here. Peace and good night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diana Ross & The Supremes for the Motown label.... (I googled it)....
Now it's in my head....
....before you break my (HIS) heart....
.....think it oooooverrrr.....

praying for peace!
Lori

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention....
I am even doing the hand motions....
What can I say, I was born in the 60's....
Lori

onHISturf - dvp said...

hand motions?!?!? hmmm, can you take a video of that and post it!!! or send it to us and we'll post it ;-)

would love to see these hand motions, hahahaha!

Robyn Rochelle E. said...

Yep! I too didn't have to google it...
Stop (hands forward like a police man standing at a 4 way intersection)
in the name of love
(hands fold across chest)

Ha! Ha! Ha! Oh my, Ed Sullivan where are you????

onHISturf - dvp said...

ok robyn, we'll get the song, and when you come over to meet, you gotta do the hand motions for us! ;-)