Friday, 17 October 2008

¿Donde Es El Baño, Por Favor?

I know the title is not correct Spanish, but my keyboard lacks the proper keys to write it correctly. So why the Spanish? Well, it just so happens that I am now (on a temporary basis) teaching the Wed night and Sun morning services for the Spanish Fellowship that meets at our church. Wow, bet you never saw that one coming! I sure didn't!

Our church, CCM, needed someone to fill in as pastor/teacher on short notice, so I was called up to bat. How long I will be doing this, I am not sure. Probably for a couple weeks or so, but it could go on longer. In any case, I think God has a great sense of humor - going from German to Spanish was not what I had expected! Now I find myself watching the Spanish channels on TV to see if I could understand anything! I actually took 3 years of high school Spanish - but that was over 20 years ago! Yo no comprendo / entiendo!

Yesterday was the first night I taught at the Wed night service and it was kinda fun. I wasn't sure how they would receive a yellow boy (that's Asian for you uninformed) teaching in English with a Spanish translator - interesting. But it went really well and I have to admit, it makes me really want to learn Spanish to communicate with the people. (Ok Isa, where are ya when I need ya!)

So I'll keep you updated as to how this all turns out. And don't be surprised if I start posting in Spanish now and again. Yo tengo que practicar. ;-)

PS - I fixed the title, I hope.

PPS - if you're wondering what the title means...it means 'where is the bathroom, please?' That's about the only Spanish I remember from my 3 years of classes! Hahaha!

0 comments: