Wednesday, 29 October 2008

Sí o No, Señor

Well, it's been 2 weeks (2 Wed and 2 Suns) now since I started teaching at the Spanish Fellowship at our church. It's been fun and the people are awesome! They are going through a very tough time as a fellowship and are so blessed to have any one come to minister to them.

One older gentleman (he's 80) came up to me last Wed and gave me a huge hug and said thank you for coming. And with tears in his eyes, he said he wished I could stay with them permanently. He then said, he would teach me Spanish! One of the deacons asked (with a grin on his face) if temporary / interim pastor meant 2-3 yrs! Haha.

In any case, the leaders of the Spanish Fellowship have asked me to become their pastor! It seems that they are very willing to work with me, if I would lead them. And from what I understand so far, it seems like my pastor and our church would support that, but only if I would lead the fellowship. So it seems like I need to make a decision! Wow, I totally did not expect this at all!

So please pray for me, us. Is this what God wants? Or what I want? Oh and by the way, I have a job now. Actually 2 jobs - 1 full-time and 1 part-time (I'll post about the jobs later)! And Becks also works part-time. So that would be another thing to consider - with 3 jobs between the 2 of us, plus the Arabic Fellowship on Friday nights, and now possibly the Spanish Fellowship - when will we have time for anything else?! So please pray for us.

PS - the title is Spanish for 'Yes or No, Lord' / 'Ja oder Nein, Herr'.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

when it rains, it pours...like it is right now outside!!!