Tuesday, 17 November 2009

Happy Belated Veterans Day

(click on images to enlarge)

Thanks to all the veterans who have served in the various wars. Thank you for standing up for me. As one of the 'boat people' from Vietnam, I am very grateful for the soldiers who fought in Vietnam. To be honest, without them I (and my family) most likely will still be back in communist Vietnam. So thanks!

This past week on Veteran's Day we went to the local Murrieta Vet's Day parade. One of the exhibits that caught my attention was the Field of Honor. This is a field next to the Murrieta public library that was decorated with 1200 US flags. Each flag was in honor of a regional veteran. It was a moving display. Again, thanks to all vets.

Here are a few fotos of the Field of Honor...







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to this matter. I definitely want to read more on that blog soon.