Friday, 26 February 2010

No Zoning!

Well we've been here almost a full month now and I am finally sitting down to blog somthing!

We are pretty much settled in at our house now. The major things are taken care of now. We have been so blessed! Now we are just waiting for the things that we shipped...which apparently haven't left American soil yet! Oh well, the Lord knows what we really need and we have those things already. The stuff in the boxes just make some things a bit easier...like cooking. But we are not going hungry, so I guess I'm doing alright without it!

I finally drove for the first time this week! That was fun! In thinking about driving on the left side I was concerned with keeping in the left lane...what never occured to me was that not only is the driver on the other side of the car but everything is reversed. My automatic reaction is to look up and to the right to see what's behind me, well the first time behind the wheel here when I wanted to see what was back there I panicked! I couldn't see anything!!! Well, anyone who's ever driven on the left is going "Duh!"...the mirror is up and to the left! So I am getting accustomed to it, and enjoying it! We got a car today so I will be driving a bit more now. I am thankful though for having the first few weeks to walk about town. I was able to get a feel for the flow of traffic, and be more comfortable with it.

We took a drive tonight with the kids to 'practice' a bit. It was the first time we've driven all together in one car. We came to the conclusion that we are not yet to the point where we can 'zone out' while driving. You all know you do it, thinking about other things while driving...I used to get to work in San Diego and not remember how I got there! (Scary I know) Well, rest assured, I'm FAR from that relaxed here when driving! I am at least comfortable though, not scared to death!

So enough about that...(those of you who know me know I love to drive so of course...) I am really thankful to be here. I know that this is right where God has put us and that is always exciting! I love the fellowship here, they are an awesome group of brothers and sisters and I look forward to getting to know everyone. God is so good!!

0 comments: