Thursday, 29 March 2007

Where do I start....

Well contrary to what many may think we are still alive and well! We have all been sick for a couple of weeks and are finally getting back on our feet.

We had our monthly women's meeting a couple of weeks ago. We had a very sweet time of fellowship and worship. We read and prayed through Psalm 19. The last 3 verses have been speaking to me for the past few weeks. We are working on memorizing verse 14 as a family
'Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer.'
I know that I personally need to meditate on this everyday and continually ask God to make this true in my life.
The following weekend we had visitors from the U.S.. Thank God we were healthy before they got here, we didn't want to infect them with stomach flu! We were able to have a nice dinner with them Saturday night when they got here. Frank taught Sunday morning at church and then we had lunch together before they traveled on to Switzerland. It was short, but the time we did have together was really nice. It is always encouraging to meet up with old friends (thanks Frank and Gerri!) and make new ones (thanks Robert and Diane!). We were blessed by the visit!
Here are a couple of pictures we took in town with them...
So that's our last few weeks in a nutshell. It looks like Spring is finally here to stay, hopefully we won't have any more snow before winter! Please pray that we will all stay healthy, there so many sicknesses going around here right now, and the next few weeks will be pretty busy. (when isn't it busy with 4 kids?! :) ) Davey was out for a full week and then several days here and there this year, that is very unusual, and hard, for him.

2 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

Yea SPRING! Great pics...glad to hear you are better...what a complete bummer to have illness in your house for so long. I will be praying for health for all 6 of you. Becky~your daughter is BEAUTIFUL...and your boys, well I guess I cannot say beautiful...they are very handsome! Where are those pics taken? It reminds me of the town in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...where the king and queen have banned children. Anyhow, your pics look cool...doubt it'll happen, but it would be awesome to visit you someday. I guess I sound like a pessimist :) Here's optimism...when our kids are a bit older, Desi and I will fly out for a few days! OK, time for bed. Take care, Rose

the Phamily said...

hi rose, thanks for your prayers! the picture was taken downtown freiburg. there is a small side street just out of the frame on the right and our church building is about 4 doors down that street.
and you guys would be more than welcome to visit anytime!!
becky