Thursday, 31 May 2007

God Still Works...

Just got news from one of the elders that a woman accepted the Lord this past Sunday after service during the prayer time. I had taught on Ephesians 5.25 where Paul tells husbands to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave Himself for it. And that Jesus' love for His bride was not only unconditional (agape love) but also sacrificial (gave Himself for the church). And this is exactly how we husbands are to love our wives - sacrificially and unconditionally.

During the message, I just felt led by the Spirit to stop and just pray for anyone who has never received this love. So I did exactly that - stopped halfway through and just prayed out loud for whoever it was that needed to receive the love of Jesus. Then I went on with the teaching. After the service, several people went up to the prayer-team to receive prayer. And this woman then gave her life to the Lord and received the forgiveness of sin and love of Jesus. PRAISE THE LORD!

Now I don't know which is more of a miracle - that the woman accepted Jesus or that God still uses weak, inept, incompetent, foolish humans! Oh yes, He uses the weak and foolish of the world to confound the wise! That's us!

One of my favorite passages - I shared this passage with the church here when I first took over as senior pastor. It was a reminder to them (and me) that we are just clay pots, earthern vessels. And God fills us with His Spirit, Truth, Love, Power - and He uses us for His glory...

'And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God. For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
' 1Cor 2.1-5

1 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

Praise God! Yep, it's amazing that He'd want to work through us, but it all goes to His glory that way...cuz we are just dumb sheep!
~Rose