Sunday, 13 May 2007

Why I Love My Wife!

At 6.00 this morning (Saturday!!!), I realized how much I miss my wife and how much she actually does for our family. At 6.00 this morning, Taliah was whispering in my ear 'Daddy, Daddy, Dadddddyyyyyy - can I play now? Is it breakfast yet? Can I get up yet?' I just turned over in my bed and grunted - 'uuuhhhhh'. That was a non-committal yes and no and wait and whatever you want just let me sleep a few more minutes - all rolled into one. So she went back to her room and looked at books until a more reasonable 8.00.

See, normally Becks has the 5.00-7.00 shift with the baby (yes our kids are very early risers!) and I have the 7.00-9.00 shift, getting them ready for kindergarten. But Becks is at a Women's Retreat in Central Germany with ladies from all over Europe, so I have the 3 older kids at home alone - Fri until Monday night - 4 days! Yes, count them, 4 whole days. Alone. With 3 kids. Did I mention 4 days?! Naw, actually we have really good kids - they're pretty easy. Unless it's at 6.00 in the morning on a Sat! Gotta love them!

A Big 'Yo!' to all you Proverbs 31 moms out there...

3 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

Oh yeah David! You've got quite a woman there! Great post...Becky will love it! I'm praying for a wonderful FOUR days for you and your kiddos-if weather permits get them outdoors and run 'em 'till they're ragged!
~Rose

onHISturf - dvp said...

yep, after church we went for a bike ride around the neighborhood and that wore them out! they slept in until 7.00 - yippeeee! well, except taliah - she startled me awake at 6.15, standing by my bed and whispering - 'can i play now?'. oh well, what can you do?

Anonymous said...

You sure do have an incredible wife!!! However, I think she also has an incredible husband!! I guess God knew what He was doing bringing the two of you together.

Love,
Grandma Jan