Thursday, 15 May 2008

One Day at a Time

We really are taking it one day at a time right now. I look around sometimes and if I think too much about everything, i.e. what still needs to be done, what we will do in socal, and how it's all going to happen, I just shut down! Instead of getting up and doing something towards the goal. When I get that 'overwhelmed' feeling I have to stop and go to God and ask Him to help me take things one day at a time and not look too far down the road.
We are blessed to have so many helpers here, I couldn't have as much done as I do without them. Mixed feelings are beginning to appear for me now. I am excited, sad, scared (not knowing what is next, but I know that God already knows).
We moved more furniture out today. The apartment is slowly but surely becoming more and more empty. I am glad for that. I need to be able to see what we still have when all the big stuff is gone, so that I can better judge what still needs to be done.
We will be taking one last road trip this weekend. We get to go to Hamburg to visit Zachy's auntie Eva. We've never been to northern Germany so we are looking forward to it. Then we will stop in at the Calvary in Siegen for a couple of days for a confernce. We will be able to say some goodbyes there.
After that David does one last wedding and then we only have 8 weeks before we fly!! I can't believe how fast the time is flying! I knew it would, but I still can't believe how fast.
Anyway, enough rambling, I just wanted to update anyone who's interested! I have a ton of pictures and fun stuff I want to post about but the boxes are calling my name!! Maybe another time :-).
In the mean time, please keep us in prayer, it is a pretty stressful time for us all. Thanks!

2 comments:

Rose Starr said...

Oh Becky! I pray you are able to just do the next thing...that God would fill you with His peace, wisdom and joy as you prepare for such a big move/change.

Thanks for the update...
~Rose

Anonymous said...

Becky, Rose reminded me of this poem...
enjoy your trip! I'm looking forward to you being in So Cal. 8 weeks will go by fast! I'm praying....
Love ya,
Lori


A poem quoted by Elisabeth Elliot
Do The Next Thing

"At an old English parsonage down by the sea,
there came in the twilight a message to me.
Its quaint Saxon legend deeply engraven
that, as it seems to me, teaching from heaven.
And all through the hours the quiet words ring,
like a low inspiration, 'Do the next thing.'

Many a questioning, many a fear,
many a doubt hath its quieting here.
Moment by moment, let down from heaven,
time, opportunity, guidance are given.
Fear not tomorrow, child of the King,
trust that with Jesus, do the next thing.

Do it immediately, do it with prayer,
do it reliantly, casting all care.
Do it with reverence, tracing His hand,
who placed it before thee with earnest command.
Stayed on omnipotence, safe 'neath His wing,
leave all resultings, do the next thing.

Looking to Jesus, ever serener,
working or suffering be thy demeanor,
in His dear presence, the rest of His calm,
the light of His countenance, be thy psalm.
Do the next thing."