Sunday, 4 May 2008

Thank God for Godmothers!

Well, I finally got a moment to sit and post about a couple weekends ago when Becks went off to the Women's Conference in Siegen. And I was home with 4 kids. Somehow that weekend was really chaotic. But thank God for the kids' 'patentante' (German for godmothers). They helped out a lot that weekend - that kept me somewhat sane. Well, as sane as I normally am, which really isn't that much. ;-)

Dariah's Auntie Doro took the kids out to the construction sites near our house. They loved it - playing with cinder-blocks, pieces of broken up concrete, boulders and junk from the building sites. Why buy toys when your kids love playing with trash?!?! Amazing what a child's imagination can come up with - they had built a whole 'city' from trash, replete with yellow insulation foam for cornfields.

Then the next evening the 3 older kids got to spend the night with Zachie's Auntie Simi and her husband. They had a blast - I'll post some fotos of that when I get them. So I only had Dariah at home that night, which was good because I still needed to finish preparing for Sunday's message.

On Sunday morning, Auntie Merle helped with the kids, which freed me up to focus on the teaching. A big thanks to all you Aunties (and 1 uncle)!

Here are a few fotos of the troop in the construction site...


0 comments: