Sunday, 31 August 2008

Play Ball!

Jesaiah and Taliah got to see their first baseball game tonight! It was a night of American culture education (or shock). A friend took us to see the Lake Elsinore Storm (thanks J!) tonight. They are a minor league team (semi-pro) and their home stadium is about 20 minutes up the freeway. It was a lot of fun, but then again I love baseball. David stayed at home with the two younger ones...they would have been bored before the game even got started! Jesaiah and Taliah had fun though. They weren't quite sure what to think of all the yelling and singing and clapping, but they got used to it! They also learned why it is important to always keep an eye on the game...those foul balls go up really high and come down really hard! They got to eat hot dogs and cotton candy...ok I confess I ate most of the cotton candy, it was a bit too much for them : ).

All in all it was a good experience and now the kids know the basics of one of our true American sports. And of course the 'home team' won! Now they just need to work on learning the words to "Take me out to the ball game" so they can sing along during the seventh inning stretch! They even made it up on the big screen during the seventh inning stretch.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately...I will try to work on that..at least David is doing a good job of updating every now and then. I will try and get some pictures up soon, several people have been asking and I will get on that soon!

Thanks to all you who have been writing and praying for us (on both sides of the big pond) it means a lot to us! We are truely blessed by all of you!

0 comments: