Sunday, 17 June 2007

Want to Know Your IQ?

Yesterday as I was preparing the Sunday message, I needed a break so I took an IQ test (you know those ads at the top of websites that ask you 'which of these don't fit in the series' or 'complete this picture…'). You can take your own here.

Well, after 50-some questions, the result came back that I am a person with 'superior intelligence'. In fact the website labeled me as a 'Complex Intellectual' although I am not sure if that is a compliment or not! Sounds kinda snobbish and well kinda complex if you ask me.

But here's my question - if I am a person of superior intelligence, why is it so hard for me to remember simple facts - like how old I am this year or what my mobile tel. number is? And if I am a complex intellectual, why is it that I can't do simple arithmetic? For example, I can't for the life of me remember what 8 x 7 = ???? Is it 48 or 65? Or was that 56? See! And why is it that I always forget how to use 'there, they're and their' - as in 'their going to pick up there kids over they're'.

Well, I don't know what all that means - all I know is that God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. So I guess the IQ test was wrong!

Well, here are a couple of the questions. If you take the test, what was your 'classification'?



Which image is not like the others?





Each of these boxes is filled with tiny marbles of identical size and shape. Which of them contains the most marbles?

3 comments:

beckwanda said...

Is it C and D?

beckwanda said...

ok, i hate to break it to you but i am a highly intelligent, complex person too. (according to the test) i think they probably say that to everyone, especially since i got that as well. i scored a 133 and was labelled a creative theorist. tell me something i don't already know.
ok i just realized that you are a superior intelligence, while i am only highly. nevermind. i already knew that too. don't you have an engineering degree?
i do have to say they nailed me. is there anyone on the planet who comes up with more creative theories than i do?????? is that what it means?
ugh.
i stayed up way too late doing that test.

onHISturf - dvp said...

hahahaha! that is really funny - i think most people get the 'superior' or 'highly' intelligent. i think the test is so made that as long as you can tell up from down, left from right, square from circle, you're gonna score the 'highly' or 'superior' intelligence.

david

ps - yes to the eng. degree