Wednesday, 16 July 2008

13 Days and Counting...

We are down to less than 2 weeks until we fly back to the USA! And it seems we still have so much to do here! Ahhhhh! At least we are out of our apartment now - we moved in with some friends for the next 13 days. Now we can really get the apartment completely empty and then renovate / paint and clean and then we are finished! WOW, I just can't believe it - 13 more days!

This coming Saturday, the church is throwing a small going away party for us and I know it's going to be tough already! All the good-byes and of course the tears. Already, this past Sunday one of the ladies was crying on my shoulders. She was so sweet - she wanted to say so much, but was just in tears. I just put my arm around her and told I understood, she didn't need to say anything. One of the reasons her teenage kids were coming to church was the teaching and she didn't know what they will do now that we are leaving. I encouraged her - she and her husband raised those kids well, they will stand on their own 2 feet. And they will, no matter if we are there or not. Because this is Jesus' church not mine or the next pastor's - and we should never forget that.

Anyways, the good-byes are getting harder and harder as the time gets closer and closer. :-(

0 comments: