Thursday, 24 July 2008

Countdown Continues - 3 Days

I can't believe that we fly in just over 3 days! AHHHH!!! And we still have many people to see! Who needs sleep anyways - we can sleep on the plane (right, with 4 kids!?!?! NOT!!)

This past Sunday (our very last) was hard - there were so many tears. I am reminded of Paul gathering the Ephesian elders and saying a final farewell, and then how they cried on his neck. Well, that was how it was on Sunday after service. There was a huge line of people wanting to say good-bye. I don't think I ever received so many hugs nor see so many tears.

Becks did her fair share of crying too, but I on the other hand didn't shed even 1 tear! ;-) Seriously, afterwards we were both just emotionally drained. Even thought I might not show my emotions so easily, I still have them. And at the moment, they are mixed feelings - sadness, tiredness, loneliness, anxiety, fear, joy, love, awe, anticipation - and I seem to go from one emotion to another just as often and as quickly as a fickle 2-year toddler changes his/her mind!

It has been such a privilege and joy to serve these people, even through the hard times and trying times, it was such a joy to look back at the 12 years here in Europe and just see God's hand moving throughout that time. So we leave Freiburg and Germany and Europe in 3 days and then begins a new adventure for us and CCF. Thank you CCF for precious and irreplaceable memories!

0 comments: