Thursday, 10 July 2008

Top Five 80's Sitcoms

Becks and I were driving back from visiting friends in Central Germany and were just talking about some of the shows we used to watch back in the 80's (don't ask how we got onto that subject - I don't know). It was hilarious what we used to watch! I can still remember the cheesy theme songs to many of these shows!!!

My Top 5 80's sitcoms (not in any order - can't decide which I like best)...

1. Family Ties - remember Alex P. Keaton? I had a crush on the older sister, can't remember her name!
2. A-Team - I wanted to be like that!
3. MacGyver - check out this site for you MacGyver fans, especially the MacGyverisms!
4. Three's Company - Mr. and Mrs. Roper, too!
5. The Wonder Years - nostalgia, ;-)

Here are some of my runner-ups...
TJ Hooker (yes, I thought William Shatner was pretty cool!); Knight Rider (yes, I thought David Hasselhof was cool too!); V - The Series; Silver Spoons; Remington Steele; Cheers; Night Court - there are a few more but I can't remember them right now.

So what are your Top 5 80's sitcoms? What did you watch growing up in the 80's? Yes, I know it dates you / us, but hey, it's all good! Write a comment and give your Top 5! Here's a few soundbits to kick-start your memory (remember Steve Austin - Bionic Man??) Enjoy!

3 comments:

beckwanda said...

my 5 faves were:
1. The Cosby Show
2. Family Ties (Malory was the older sis)
3. Cheers
4. The Wonder Years
5. Charles in Charge
great. now i'm going to have the Charles in Charge theme song stuck in my head all day today.

onHISturf - dvp said...

great choices! i don't remember charles in charge - isn't that one with scott soemthing or other? don't think I watched it much, if at all.

so how does the theme song go?

beckwanda said...

i'll sing it for you when i see you guys!
no- wait- better yet, i'll teach it to the kidlets.
that way, you can hear it ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahahaha can't wait to see you guys...