Tuesday, 25 September 2007

Home Alone (well, with 4 kids...)

This is day 6 of Becks' trip to the Ukraine. She sent an SMS saying things are going well ministering to the kids in the boarding school / orphanage. On the home front, we are doing well also - but really missing Momma. Because of Jesaiah's weird school schedule and Taliah's kindergarten, we are constantly on the go.

My day starts at 6.00 when we all get up to get ready for school, kindergarten, work. Throughout the day, I am running around bringing kids to school or kindergarten, changing diapers, getting kids from school or kindergarten, cooking (yes everything from scratch and healthy - no instant stuff!), changing diapers, cleaning, changing diapers, washing clothes, answering emails, changing diapers, refereeing disputes, changing diapers, building Legos with Zachie, meeting with people - and oh, did I mention changing diapers??!?!!

After the kids go to bed at 20.00, then I have 4 uninterrupted hours to prepare the messages for Sundays, to work on administrative tasks, answer more emails and of course to write a post or two. Often I am too pooped to really think, but have to force myself to continue (obviously in God's strength). But He is faithful and we have made it so far. Sometime between 24.00/00.00 and 00.30 I fall asleep or slip into unconsciousness (you decide)...to start all over agin in 6 hours.

At least a couple of the kids' patentante (godparents/god-aunties) came over to help for a few hours this week. Thanks ladies! But, man, I am really looking forward to Becks' return! Not only for her help, but i miss talking to her and just having her near me. I guess that's part of what it means when 2 become 1! But overall, I am really enjoying the time with the kids, no, really, seriously. I am, it's great! Maybe if I say it enough, it'll be true! NAWWW, just kidding - I love it! Well, I gotta go - gotta change diapers (!!!) and go get Jesaiah from school!

Here are a few fotos of Auntie Doro playing with the kids...





Twister!!









Zachie, Dariah and Auntie Doro




Ohhh, the tension is toooo much!

0 comments: