Wednesday, 19 September 2007

Ukraine - Revisited

Well, actually not for me - I'm not going this time, Becks is. But I guess it's not 'revisited' for her either because this is her first time. ;-) In any case, she leaves tomorrow on an outreach to the Ukraine, where I was a couple weeks ago. But this time the outreach wll focus on a boarding school (although I think it's more like an orphanage). This is Becks' first real short-term mission outreach and I am so excited for her! You go girl!!

I wish I could go with her, but alas, there are four (yes, not 1 or 2 or 3, but 4 this time!) little Phams that need me at home. This is also the first time that little Dariah has been away from Momma for any length of time (Becks weaned her a couple months ago). On top of that, we are all sick - colds, I think. Everyone has the runny nose, coughs, etc. Oh well, kindergarten and school have started so that means we get to learn about sharing - in this case sharing germs and illnesses!

Pray for us all, especially for Becks - not fun traveling with a cold, especially the flight to Hungary. Pray for the kids and I at home - that we don't get sicker. Pray that Becks and the team will be a great blessing to the people in the Ukraine.

Here are some random 'blast from the past' fotos...



Lori, Becks and Rose - 3 very pregnant ladies (this was taken 5 days before Jesaiah was born).
















'Grandma Jan' (holding Jesaiah) and Becks at Jesaiah's birth.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you believe that was 7 years ago!
Nevin will be 7 on the 29th of this month!
Wow! time flies, but then I think when will you be 18! Ha! I'm still carrying 10lb from 7 years ago, time to start walking!
Great picture!
Lori

beckwanda said...

WOW!!! Those are some fantastic looking pregnant ladies! Do you remember Mike Woodard? Well, he and Summer (Burton) his wife just became parents today for the first time. That is so cool- and now you are 4 kidlets later. Hi, Lori! How many do you have?
David- we'll be praying for you guys and especially Becky.
-b

onHISturf - dvp said...

hi lori! long time no hear! time sure does fly, huh? how goes it?

Anonymous said...

I've been reading the blog sites for awhile...
but I'm an emailer not a blogger....
thought it was time to chime in!
We are all well!
how is it going w/the kids?
when does Becky get back?
when do you get to come back to the states?
Lori

Starrs In Denver said...

Love the blast from the past pics! Yeah, the past 7 years have gone by amazingly fast (and yet there are those really slow days too).

Yeah, I'm carrying around a LOT more than 10 lbs, but from 4 pregnancies...lol...an excuse I know, but I'll use it till I lose it!

Praying for healing on all the Phamily and that Daddy will have a blast with the kidlets and Mommy will be filled with the Spirit and minister and be ministered to like never before!
Love, Rose

onHISturf - dvp said...

tanx guys for the encouragement. and i am also carrying around some extra lbs from becks' 4 pregnancies ;-) hahaha - no seriously!

so don't feel so bad!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, 7 years really goes fast. What's really embarrassing is that when I looked at your blog I was wearing that shirt. Guess it's time to buy some new clothes! I remember how fast Becky delivered Jesaiah. That was truly amazing.
Love,
Grandma Jan

onHISturf - dvp said...

hi jan,

hahaha - too funny. but you know what- wedo the same thing, we wear the clothes until they fall off us! j/k.