Saturday, 29 September 2007

My Hubby!

My hubby is the best, sorry ladies but it's true! He stayed home alone with all four kids last week so I could go on the outreach to the Ukraine, and today he fixed the kitchen sink!

I was washing up breakfast dishes this morning and the handle broke off the faucet! It wasn't the first time it has come off, but this time it was broken.
So we went to the store after we took the kids to school and kindergarten. We were able to get a new faucet then we had to go to a friend's house to borrow tools to be able to do the job.

Davey wanted to use the morning to prepare for Sunday and we had a guest in the afternoon. I had already cooked dinner the night before so at least I wasn't needing to cook without a sink. I did however bake a cake before we were able to get it fixed, I never realized how much I use the sink just to bake a cake! (Rose I'm sure you can identify! I was only without it for a few hours!)

But my hubby came to the rescue after our visitor was gone. He cramped himself up under the sink and got everything unhooked and re-hooked, and it works perfectly now! I am so thankful that I have a handy-man husband! Here are a couple of pictures of him hard at work!


Isn't he cute!

3 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

Oh yeah, if you go on a trip and "take everything but the kitchen sink" you are in trouble if you need to cook! Great pics...and your under the sink area is sooooooo clean looking! Our particle board wood is all warped from water damage...so I have old towels to cover it up. You do have a great man Becky!
~Rose

the Phamily said...

well rose, davey cleaned out from under the sink before he started crawling under it...believe me it doesn't normally look that clean!!
becky

beckwanda said...

nice head lamp.
those sure come in handy. hubbies too for that matter!
we have cheap linoleum tiles under our sink.
my mom's idea.
my mom has no counter tops and is using a big pot in the bathroom as her kitchen sink.
i can now see what you gals mean. sort of, since i dont' actually live at my mom's.
GOD IS GOOD!!!!