Saturday, 6 October 2007

The Joy of the Lord


Ever feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders? Or just burdened by something? A person or situation or circumstance. Or a thought, an idea? And it just feels like it might overwhelm you? Well, that's where I am at the moment - burdened, beaten down.

But I have to admit, even though I am burdened, there is still the joy of the Lord that fills my heart (Neh 8.10). It is this joy that strengthens me. It is this joy that keeps me putting one foot in front of the other. It is with this joy that I can rejoice when trials and tribulations come my way (James 1.2).

It is the sandpaper God uses to polish me. First He uses the coarse sandpaper to get rid of all the roughness. Then He uses the fine sandpaper to smooth and polish. It hurts. But in the end, guess what - smooth as silk! In the end, we all shine and reflect the glory of God. Ahhhhh....

So be encouraged, no matter what trials we are in, will be in, have gone through - know God is using it. For the death of our flesh/self. For our growth. For His glory.


My brethren count it all joy when you fall into varius trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complee, lacking nothing. James 1.2-4


We are hard pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed--always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.

For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus' sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. So then death is working in us, but life in you.
2Cor 4.8-12

4 comments:

beckwanda said...

well thanks for that.
seems like i can do my morning devotion off of rose's blog and then cruise on over here to have a late morning refresher. i just love my friends.
and get my morning coffee in.
life is good.
gotta go. johnny's turn- for devotions not for coffee...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your heart, David. Des, Sha, and I are praying for you to be able to see a glimpse of all that God has for you. You are His child and He loves you so much and cares about each little detail of your life. He knows what you're going though. Give all your burdens to Him. May you be able to find sweet rest and peace in Jesus today.
Love,
Grandma Jan

beckwanda said...

oh yeah- yet not crushed, but not in despair, but not forsaken, but not destroyed.
seems like the richest blessings come from the roughest trails.

onHISturf - dvp said...

thanks for the encouragement - yep. it's hard but i know that it is god and that is enough for me to continue.