Wednesday, 31 October 2007

Tagged Again

So Becks told me that we have been tagged (again) by Rose. I am not sure what I have to write exactly, but I think in general it's 7 facts about myself. Sorry if I happen to not be playing by the rules. Hey, Rose, I think I deserve an award too - you can make the check out to...

1. I LIKE to sleep. But in general I really only NEED 5-6 hours of sleep per night. As long as it's consistent times (i.e. - midnight to 6.00 am everyday) and consistent lengths (not 5 hrs 1 night, 8 hrs next night, 4 hrs the next, etc. - 6 hrs every night is perfect). Unfortunately with crazy schedules, a crazy cat and crazy kids, it doesn't always work this way. ;-)

2. I DETEST seafood (sorry Rose). I can maybe do fishsticks once in a while, like every other year or two. Best is only on leap years. Once in a blue moon I can handle a tuna salad - but with tons of onions, pickles and mayo. But I have been known to eat some not-so-fishy-tasting fish, especially when I am on a date with my wifey. Now, Mexican food on the other hand...ummmm, my mouth is watering already.

3. I LIKE physical labor. I like tinkering around on household projects, garden work, car repairs, etc. Unfortunately I just don't have the time most of the time. But hey, that's what wives are for! Just kidding! Ok, I know I am sleeping on the sofa tonight!

4. I DETEST waiting for anything. Yes, very impatient. But it's usually just with my extended phamily. When it's others, I don't seem so antsy. Hmmm, I think maybe I need to let go of this one - especially with 4 kids. You would think it would take only 4 times as long to put on coats, shoes, go pee, eat, brush teeth, etc. - all the normal daily stuff. WRONG - not 4 times as long but to the power of 4! So if something takes 5 minutes w/o kids, it will take (not 5x4=20 min) but 5x5x5x5=625 min (10.4 hrs). For example - it takes me 5 minutes (or so) to brush teeth, wash face, etc. With 4 kids that's like 10 hrs! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating but that's how long it feels to me!

5. I LIKE root beer, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. Well, I would say I love them! Unfortunately I can't get that stuff here in Germany so easily. So I have been in withdrawal for the last 2 years since our last furlough (although I did get a Barq's Root Beer last week from a couple that just came back from the USA - tanx J & J!).

6. I DETEST sand. Well, ok, maybe that's too strong - I dislike sand. I dislike sand in my eyes, hair, ears and mouth. I dislike sand on my skin. I dislike wet sand on any part of me. And I detest walking barefoot on sand in our livingroom, after the kids have tracked it all over the house. So I guess what I am saying is sand belongs at the beach, desert, sandbox. Period. Not on or in me or in my house.

7. I LIKE order and cleanliness and everything in its place. I know what you're thinking - neat-freak. Yep, that's me. But alas, I have 4 kids. So I have to adjust, right? Oh well, gotta go pick up the livingroom for the millionth time, again.

Ok, was that 7 facts about me? Now I tag The 4 Harts, Luca, Jamie, Mattfelds, Heather S., Merlot (yes you too) and Sha S - share 7 facts about yourself and tag 7 others. Can you guys also link back to this post so I know you got it? Hope to hear from you all! Hint, Hint.

8 comments:

luca said...

Ach du meine gute!!!!-for the fact that you guys will be in socal at the same time i will be there. and Fiona?! and Chris?! I WAS GONNA GO TO THE CONFERENCE! this is just hilarious. i think i'm going to have a slight heart attack...anyhow, i'll keep you posted! and i'll read this blog tomorrow morning:P i see you tagged me:) tschuss!

beckwanda said...

first of all, i am WAY impressed that the phamster even participated in this silly endeavor. second of all, maybe you WOULD have more time to do stuff if you weren't filling out silly endeavors like this one. it is fun though and i appreciate your comments. sure know how to pray for you and becks now.
whew!
hahaha!

Jamie said...

so I was looking at the pics of Zac... who would have thought that when you gave him the middle name James he might turn out kinda crazy... like his sissy! :)
Good, Im glad... someone needs to keep you on your toes over there!

the Phamily said...

oh, he does keep us on our toes, jamie, that's for sure!! definately the clown of the pham household!
becks

the Phamily said...

hey luca! so cool that we'll all be in socal at the same time! God is so good! hopefully we'll see you here in november too!
becky

Starrs In Denver said...

BRAVO! You should win an award...I'll just get my check book out...oh, hold on I need to change a diaper, feed the kids lunch, do dishes, change the laundry, do some school with Hope and Owen, get the oil changed, brush my teeth, fold and put away the laundry, go grocery shopping, make dinner, do dishes again, give the kids baths and then put them to bed. I'll be right with you ;)Hee hee hee!

But seriously...great job and these meme's don't have any rules. But if they did, you'd be following them to a T.

I laughed at a few of yours and can totally identify with #'s 1, 4, 6 & 7. Getting kids out the door (esp in winter) takes SOOOOOOOOOO long! And inevitably someone will have to pee within 10 minutes of leaving.

Thanks for playing along.
~Rose

p.s. we are SO BUMMED to miss you in CA. You'll just have to come out to Denver ;)

onHISturf - dvp said...

rose
yeah, when we heard about you guys being there in nov, we thought - man, we'll just miss them by a month or so. oh well, next time.

ps - in your comment above you forgot all about sitting on the sofa eating bon-bons and watching the daily soaps. that's what all moms of 4 kids do, right? i know beckwanda does it, even though she doesn't have 4. ;-)

beckwanda said...

no, mr. pham, i do not sit on the couch eating bonbons all day. that would be rose and becky, as they have 4 children. i only have one. ladies who have four children have nothing else better to do than sit around all day on the couch and eat bonbons. jeez. and they are watching seinfeld, not soap operas. give them a little more credit in taste for trashy t.v.
i do however think it's classic that you reminded rose that she left that out of her list, since i was just about to do the same. i guess since that is all she really does all day it would be like just sort of stating the obvious.
i would love to sit around on the couch all day and eat bonbons. so please pray for us. we only have one and would love more. but i don't think i could handle more so that is why we just have one.
God is merciful that's for sure.
I am looking forward to showing rose the bonbon shop when she comes out so maybe becky and i can visit it as well. they can enlighten me to bonbon eating.
i would love to learn all about it.
now i am getting ridiculous.
bye,
b