Monday, 16 July 2007

Mitarbeitertag



Yesterday we had a BBQ for all the people from church who are involved in ministry in some form (mitarbeiter in German). There is a family from the church who has a piece of property in the country that they set up for us to use for the day.

The Lord blessed us with georgous weather. After about 3 weeks of rain and 50 degree weather we had a clear, sunny 90something degree day. It was so nice to gather with folks from church and enjoy the outdoors.

I think we had about 100 people who were signed up (not counting the 25-30kids). I don't know if they all made it, but there were definately a lot of people there! It was a good opportunity to get to know some new people, and connect with some old friends. I am always amazed when we do something like this at how many people I don't know! There are always new people getting involved in ministries all over the place! It is great to see.

There was something for everyone there today. There was a huge trampoline, small kiddie pool, volleyball court, soccer field, bike/go-carts, cake and coffee and later grilling, and I even got to play a short round of badmiton with a friend!

What I do you cannot do; but what you do, I cannot do. The needs are great, and none of us, including me, ever do great things. But we can all do small things, with great love, and together we can do something wonderful. Mother Teresa

0 comments: