Thursday, 5 July 2007

Why I Love My Wife - Part 2

A few days after getting back from Mallorca, Spain I went down with a sickness that knocked me out completely for almost 3 days. Literally, I was out from Monday morning at 9.00 until about Wednesday noon (I did take a nap Wed afternoon, though) - with only a few times to get up, drink some juice, go to the bathroom. Other than that, I was sound asleep - totally wiped out. And that with 4 loud and rambunctious kids, with Jesaiah's friend from kindergarten coming over to play - I heard absolutely nothing. Talk about dead asleep.

And I have no idea what it was that got me - virus, flu, Lyme disease, spring fever, poison (for you conspiracy-theorists). All I knew was that I had the bodyaches, shakes, chills, fever (and those really weird fever dreams - had one where I was at someone's house and they had a kitty litter box the size of a sofa - nice kitty/tiger...). And I couldn't keep my eyes open for longer than 15-20 minutes at a time.

Well, thoughout all this, my wife took care of the kids (alone!) and the house, answered phone calls from concerned church members, and made sure I got enough rest. What a woman! Thanks, Becks.

2 comments:

Starrs In Denver said...

She is pretty fantastic David! Glad you are feeling better...hopefully no one else gets it!
~Rose

beckwanda said...

It must have been really bad to put down the Phamster!
The Phamster was down,
The Beckster was in the howse!!!
The Kidsters were chillin'
While their Papa was Illin'
And Mama was guidin' as
The Lord was providin'
And all is well again.
Ok, I need to go now...
Take care!